This project was led by Researcher Anisa Hawes based at the Word & Image Department at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. The text on this website has been collated by Anisa Hawes together with Catherine Flood, Curator of Prints at the V&A. For any enquiries regarding the project feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For best results, we recommend browsing this website in contemporary versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge browsers. Older browsers should be able to render the content, but the user experience may not be optimal.
Site design and development: Lozana Rossenova
Fonts: Libre Franklin, available in Open Font License via Google Fonts
Images: Unless otherwise stated, the copyright of images used on this website remains with the copyright holders. All figures on this website containing images used as illustrations of ideas or concepts have been supplied with a link to the original source in the figure caption. We claim no rights over these images. The sources of images used as a decorative roll-over effect on the homepage table of contents are as follows:
1. Pinocchio – still from promotional video, source;
2. David McCandless – still from work-in-progress curatorial video, source;
3. Wonder.land digital posters – source available in Case Study 2;
4. David McCandless – screenshot of ‘Billion-Dollar-o-Gram’, web version, source;
5. Captain of Köpenick – still from promotional video, source;
6. #ToryBingo – Twitter search results filtered by ‘post type’ photos, source;
7. MyDavidCameron – screenshot of poster ‘generator’ tool developed by Andy Barefoot, source;
8. #ToryBingo – Tweeted by Grant Shapps, March 2014, source;
9. Narrative archives – screenshot of the prototype narrative accessible here.